I have started planning for a new go box for use in Emergency Communications (I am in ARES and CERT) and for Field Day, SOTA, and other outdoor operations. I have based my plans on a few different boxes seen around the internet. Here are the key aspects I have settled on:
- Primary rig – Yaesu FT-991a (This is HF, 2m and 70CM)
- PC – Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Tablet
- Built in a 6U Rack Case
- 1U Drawer for storing keyboard, mouse, mics, etc.
- 3D-printed 1U “blank’ dedicated to lighting, and bulkhead USB, Power Meters, Powerpoles. This will have my callsign backlit with internal switched LEDs.
- I would like to have the tablet PC fold-out similar to how this guy did it. I really like his setup.
I will post updates periodically.